Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Wednesday Wonders

--Have to cancel my "pissed-offness" of our oldest: the Father's Day cards came in the mail yesterday. We still haven't heard from the youngest. (I sent an email to each of them on Monday expressing my disappointment in the lack of their outpouring of love for their father. Was I wrong? If I was, sue me! And I WASN'T nasty about it, at all!!! Really.)

--K and I went to play trivia at our local pub last night. I indulged a little too much--stingers and a pink Russian. Needless to say, having the lawn service mow right under the open bedroom window this morning was NOT very much fun. I STILL have a headache. My own fault, I know.

--Looks like we will be doing a road trip tomorrow and Friday. This will be good. It is great to get out of town for fun every month or two. Now to try to explain to A why we are NOT going to see HER this weekend, instead. (They are having a wedding party thrown for them by her in-laws on Saturday. We are not attending. No problem--we just have other things we need to do.)

--I am not a fan of Brangelina, or Jen and Vince, TomKat, or any of the other insipid, vacuous "celebrities" that make up most of the reading material at any of the gossip sites, but I must comment on them from time to time. Today's rant is about Brangelina. I don't know how anyone can say Angelina is NOT a publicity whore. (At this time, Brad is nothing more than a shadow of a person--SHE does all the talking and he just carries one of the kids as he walks five paces behind her.) She gave birth only a month ago and here she is talking about how they are already "looking at different countries" to try and decide where their next kid is coming from. Give me a fricking break! Why are you not devoting all of your time to the kids you already have--ESPECIALLY to the newborn! It's as if the only thing that matters is the NEXT kid! (I have a sister-in-law that couldn't be bothered with any but the newest of her kids--but at least she wasn't planning for the next one before she had a chance to bond with the one she just popped out!) At least get to know the ones you have--and let them get to bond with each other--before you "buy" another one! The Los Angeles Times has a bit of a snarky commentary/article titled "How To Shop For Kids The Brangelina Way." Funny. You can read it here.

4 comments:

  1. Have fun on your road trip! I look forward to the day when driving in the car isn't uncomfortable anymore.. I actually look forward to the day when everything isn't uncomfortable anymore!

    The Brangelina thing is hilarious! What really cracks me up is that all those self-indulgent overpaid babies actually think they are the ones who influence and run the country.. Ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red: I hear you on the uncomfortableness of travel! I sleep, so I don't feel any discomfort other than a crick in the neck when I wake up.

    Miss Fire: A Pink Russian is: 1 shot Tequila Rose, 1 shot Kahlua, 1/2 shot vodka, and cream. Pour liquor in glass with ice and add cream. Veeeeery smooth--very much something you want for dessert. If you have never had Tequila Rose, it is a strawberry flavored tequila--all you taste is strawberry. The strawberry really comes out in the pink Russian, as well. You don't want too many of these--they'll sneak up on you like Harvey Wallbangers do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOH!! I know what one of the first things I'm trying post-prego is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss the trivia nights at my local pub in Philly... A lot of fun those nights were!

    BTW, I'm back!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...