Monday, June 19, 2006

PMS

Every so often, I feel as if I have PMS. Now, this is an impossibility for me, as I don't have what is needed to cause PMS, but I suffer nonetheless. This is how I have been the past few days and I don't know why.

I guess having to go to The Parent's the other night is enough reason for me to feel "owly." ("Owly" is K's favorite way to describe me--in a teasing manner, of course!) Three of The Niece's were there--being fed by The Mother. I swear, The Brother and his wife should NEVER have had kids--they didn't raise any of the four of them! Two of these girls have graduated from high school, one has graduated from college, and they STILL can't feed themselves--or take care of their younger sister. They are just useless sacks of shit as far as I'm concerned! (As I said, I'm feeling "owly.") I don't believe The Father directed any remarks to me personally, and The Mother kept "pretending" everything was fine--and the more she pretends, the more uncomfortable it gets. Every time I go there--which is as little as possible--I am once again reminded how nice it is to be away from these people.

I am more than a bit put-out by my own daughters tonight. Actually, I am quite pissed at them. Neither one of them sent K a card--snail-mail OR email--for Father's Day. C called earlier, but he was at work--she said she would call when he got home, but didn't. A didn't call at all--and she called me last night to talk, and could have wished K an early Happy Father's Day! I know I got my Mother's Day cards from them late, so I am still hoping that K's cards will be coming this week. We'll see. I don't understand my girls when it comes to special days for K and me--they just don't seem to give a damn! But other times, they are as sweet as you could hope for. I'm at a loss.

I'm also feeling a little neglected these days--and this is nothing new. It seems to come every time K puts in a lot of overtime shifts. Sometimes it feels as if I am single--I just can't date! I truly understand how K can be tired--it's just that I would like to spend some time with him, also. And there is just so damn much we have to do around this house. Oh, well. Starting Tuesday he will be off for a number of days, so maybe we can actually do something together. We'll see.

I truly am hoping that the hockey game Monday night will put my mood in a better place. However, if Edmonton wins, I guess the "owliness" will last longer than usual! :)

2 comments:

  1. I think it must be a generational thing. I would hate to just think it was YOUR kids, I think it is just KIDS any more. Seems like they are more in to themselves that they are others. ~ jb///

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your mood, but I can definitely relate...

    Every time you mention your mother, I'm reminded of my grandmother who I call Grandma Adolf.. What a pain in the ass! No one or nothing is good enough for her.. I try my best to avoid her.

    I also can relate to your "feeling single." My husband works a lot too, and it seems that a lot of the time his days off are consumed by members of his family who can't seem to shit unless he shows them how to use the toilet paper! All of them have their own families and homes, I just wish they'd stay there and let him spend some time with his!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...