Monday, June 12, 2006

Little Bits

Nothing very exciting has been happening around here, so I will just write some bits and pieces for now.

--I have to make hotel reservations for three separate times and I really should do it tomorrow. This month we MAY be going to the party/reception that A's husband's parents are having for them. I know that A wants us there, but I'm not sure if K will go. He HAS to decide so I can make the reservations. Next month is the party for them that C and The Mother will be giving. I have to get rooms for K and me, but also for our friends, who will be coming up. We want to be in adjacent rooms, so it will be easier for me to call--also, they will only be staying one night and we will be there for two. It will be confusing, I'm sure. And, of course, I still have to do the reservations for the weekend of The Concert--can't book that too early!

--I decided that it would be fun to have some of my favorite television shows on DVD, so I have begun to buy them. I already have the first DVD of Wings and I have ordered Night Court, Everwood, and Dinosaurs. I can't wait to rewatch the Dinosaurs episodes--I just loved the baby! It was a good show--too bad it didn't last. I also plan on getting Gilmore Girls, Firefly, and Farscape. At the cost of some of these, I will have many years of buying before I get all I want! I think I have watched WAY too much TV over the years!

--Still haven't gotten to my garden. K should be all done with overtime, so we probably will be able to start planting next week at the latest. I don't have to worry about not having a long growing season for my flowers, as I always do annuals. The biggest problem I may have is availability--I sure hope there are SOME plants left when I get around to buying.

--The last two movies I watched: War of the Worlds and Batman Begins. K taped these for me the other week and I finally got around to watching them several days ago. Well, I wish I wouldn't have wasted my time with War of the Worlds. I am VERY disappointed in the job that Spielberg did on this movie--after all, we KNOW he can do so much better; such as, Close Encounters and ET! The story was lousy, the special effects were nothing special and I couldn't get past Tom Cruise's personal life long enough to see him as the character he played. A very, very bad movie all around. However, I really liked Batman Begins! It really held my interest and if they did another one with Christian Bale--and used the same writers--I would see it.

--What I'm listening to: I found the playlist that Eric Clapton has been using in his concerts in Europe and I have been able to duplicate it--well most of it--from the CDs I have. I sit here and listen to the songs and get more excited about the concert. I told A the other night that the money we spent for the tickets will have been worth it if ALL I get to hear him play is Layla and Cocaine--which are on the playlist. I just can't wait. However, I am sure I will have to pay K back for this--and that just might mean going to a country music concert. It STILL will have been worth it, though!

--What I'm reading: I am reading The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe by Douglas Adams. This is a sequel to The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. I can't figure out why it has taken me so long to read The Hitchhiker's books, but I really am enjoying them--I find them absolutely, hysterically funny. I laughed till I cried when they said the answer to The Question was "42." (You would have to read it yourself to see the humor. :))

--Monday night is Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals, so I will be planted right in front of the TV watching very intently. K will be at work, so I have to tape it for him. We'll see if Carolina can pull off a win so that they can win it all in front of their hometown fans. Go 'Canes!

--So you don't forget: Father's Day is Sunday. I ordered K's gift--a new MP3 player--and it should be in this week. I guess he'll have to get something for The Father and we can drop it off for him when we go to pick up my sewing machine from the shop later this week. Oh, yay.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Dinosaurs!!

    I got in deep trouble once on a class trip because I blew all the money I got on a talking doll of the baby. I couldn't help myself..

    A few years later, when you pulled it's string, all it did was gurgle.. So much for that money...

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...