Thursday, June 08, 2006

Halfway There!

Carolina beat Edmonton 5-0 in tonight's game. They played great and Cam Ward was absolutely spectacular! He stopped shots that he couldn't possibly see--the kid has great instincts. Despite allowing 5 goals, Edmonton's goalie, Jussi Markkanen, did quite a good job. He, also, stopped some shots that were unbelievable. At the age of 30, he is 9 years older than Ward, but I think he has a good career ahead of him. Hmm, maybe Detroit could get him to replace Legace!? Anyway, starting on Saturday night, the rest of the playoff games will be broadcast on NBC during primetime. It will give people from the non-north a chance to see good hockey--might even hook some new fans. Unfortunately, there probably will only be two games for anyone to see--chances are Carolina will win the Cup in 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...