Wednesday, July 11, 2007

First Of Two

Well, wouldn't you know it, I've been tagged for two different memes today! I guess my readers are just so damned sick and tired of my subject matter that they have to come up with something they might consider interesting to read. :D Here goes with the first one--interesting or not!

Dazd is the 'culprit' behind this tag. And here are the rules:

1. Post the rules for the meme at the beginning of your post.
2. This meme consists of the blogger listing eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged in this post are to write their own post listing their own eight random items and list the rules.
4. At the end of the post/meme, list the folks you are tagging and leave them notice of such in their comments.

**********

1. I could pass on enough things that my mother has said or done to make my daughters hate her for the rest of her life. Even though I am pretty convinced that my daughters would choose her over me if they had to, I won't tell them. They will learn what she is like on their own--just as I had to.

2. I collected Hummel figurines for about 20 years. I could not fit another one in my curio cabinet if someone paid me. I am sick and tired of having them and plan on selling them ASAP. All except the very special ones, of course. :)

3. Fourth grade was the year we decided if we wanted to play a musical instrument. I wanted to play the flute, but there weren't enough for everyone. So instead of waiting for a flute, I chose to play the clarinet. I have always regretted it.

4. In high school, I changed from playing the clarinet to the alto sax. I never got to be first chair--I was always second chair--and chose to change to tenor sax so that I could be the only one playing that instrument.

5. I believe it was 10th grade when I quit band. I never played an instrument again.

6. I could NEVER be a vegetarian. Just the thought of never eating meat ever again can bring on a panic attack.

7. When I was young, I wanted to be an artist. Never mind that I lack the ability to draw or paint. Maybe I could have been another Jackson Pollock? Or Picasso? :)

8. There have been times that I felt tall and willowy. Considering I'm 5'1" on a good day, that just shows what an active imagination I actually possess. And no, I WASN'T smoking anything funny at the time. :)

Okay, who to tag. I know burg has done one of these recently and dazd tagged cindi. How about it Ann(ie) and weatherchazer and Virginia Belle and kristi and jan--you want to do the meme? If so, consider yourselves tagged!

6 comments:

  1. LOL i have done this meme like, 3 times. :D

    but i will see what i can come up with! the oddities of my personality/life are pretty much endless.

    thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that was interesting! Maybe its because I was in band too. lol

    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I'll have to think on it, but I'll come up with something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I played clarinet. I really wanted to play sax, but we couldn't afford one. I lost interest anyway, so it's probably a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, the ONLY reason I played an instrument was because we rented the thing from the school. If we would have had to pay to buy an instrument, or pay to rent as we had to for our girls, I would NEVER have been able to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The whole band thing sure brings back some disappointing memories for me. I think I will try and write a post about it this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...