Sunday, July 08, 2007

To Redeem Myself...

After my last post, I decided to 'make nice' and post something completely neutral: a recipe! This probably is something everyone already has, but I absolutely love it, so here goes.

Fresh Broccoli Salad

2 heads fresh broccoli
1 red onion
1/2 pound bacon
3/4 cup golden raisins
3/4 cup sliced almonds
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar

1. Cook bacon until evenly brown. Cool and crumble.
2. Cut broccoli into bite-size pieces and cut onion into bite-size slices. Combine with the bacon, raisins, almonds, and mix well.
3. To prepare dressing, mix mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar together until smooth. Stir into salad. Let salad chill and serve.


Now, I'm not a big veggie person, but I LOVE this salad--I can even be happy having this for a snack! I DON'T put raisins in my salad, cause I don't like them. Also, I don't put the almonds--I don't think they are needed. I hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:43 PM

    I buy this at the grocery often, now I can make it myself - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY think K likes my homemade better than the store bought. Oh, yay, just ANOTHER thing that I have to DO rather than BUY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom would love this! She loves broccoli.. Me, I have to eat it cooked and smothered in cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds delicious. i love broccoli, almonds and bacon.

    bet it could use come little chunks of cheddar, though...

    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...