Saturday, July 28, 2007

Saturday

Famous people born on this day who
are actually older than me:

Sally Struthers
Jim Davis
Rick Wright
Bill Bradley

**********

The Crossroads Guitar Festival is going on at Toyota Park in Illinois today. Of course, I managed to forget and didn't start listening to the live broadcast until a couple of hours ago, but I DID get to see BB King! It doesn't get any better than that. At the age of 81 and he still can play. I would love to see him in concert--we really should have gone to see him when we were in Niagara Falls last year, but... I guess at his age we better hurry and do it or we will miss our chance.

Unfortunately, John Mayer came on right after BB--I'm really not a big Mayer fan. However, I have seen Robert Cray, Robert Randolph, as well as others--and I will hang in there till Clapton does his next (?) set. I want to see Doyle Bramhall II, Derek Trucks, and Jeff Becks, but am not sure if they played yet. I will just have to keep watching. I'm a happy camper!

**********

I'm really having a hard time these days: NO news from the Red Wings on ANYTHING! NOTHING to feed my addiction! And I have 52 days to go before the first pre-season game...one I can't even be sure of being able to see. Oh, misery...no wonder I love the blues! ;)

**********

Looks like we might have someone living with us for a while. K's nephew's son has one more class to take at our local university so that he can graduate and we were asked to put him up for the fall semester. I REALLY have been leaning toward saying 'no,' but K is all for it. My two biggest problems with this: 1) we only have ONE bathroom and 2) we really have become set in our ways, we enjoy the empty-nest thing an awful lot. I LOVE the fact that I can walk around my house NAKED if I want--not that I EVER do it, of course--and not have to worry about other people. The grand-nephew is a very good kid, nice, doesn't get into trouble, etc. He will get into town on Mondays and leave to go home on Thursdays, so it isn't like he will be here ALL of the time, still... And this will be from the end of August through the middle of December--not a real long time. I just hate change so damn much! :) Oh, well, I will have to put on my big girl panties and deal with it.

**********

And just in case someone wasn't too sure, here is a 'before' and 'after' video of some celebrities--just to prove they weren't all that different from the rest of us before the surgeon got hold of them. Some were better BEFORE the surgery!





5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:39 AM

    OMG. Some of those are just scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:04 PM

    It might be surprisingly fun to have nephew around. Then again if he is only taking one class he might be around quite a bit. Could be a very full four months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron Howard shares my birthday, he's the same age as me! Giving away my secrets. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just watched the Before and After vid - OMG most of them looked better BEFORE! What on earth is up with people. Afraid I laughed out loud at the end with Jacko! Victoria Principal was scary, we've not seen much of here in the UK for years really (not since Dallas, lol!) She looks awful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I REALLY want to know what some of those people were thinking when they had the work done. Victoria Principal is just plain bad--as is Kenny Rogers. ICK!!! And, of course, we just won't comment on the Michael Jackson look--why bother, hey? :)

    Leazwell: The thing is with the nephew, he will only be with us on the days he has classes--on Thursday he will go back home and work the job he has there. So, I'm thinking things will be fine. After all, I think I can put up with ANYONE for three days a week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...