Saturday, July 21, 2007

We're Back ...and Other Nonsense

We got back from the road trip early on Friday. The town we go to is about three and a half hours away--close enough to do a day-run, but far enough to (kind of) warrant an overnight stay. Sometimes I wish we went to Milwaukee: that at least is a 5 hour or more trip! It would actually seem worth it to stay the night.

Found some food for the cat. I didn't find too much, but at least there was enough to have a variety for her to taste. Knowing her and her finicky ways, she probably will spit on most of it. I hope she at least likes the Science Diet foods--they are easy enough to find.

I was able to get a couple of tops for C--poor girl still has some of her maternity tops from her first pregnancy: 11 years ago. Old Navy had new stock in at reasonable prices. Thank goodness 'baby doll' type tops are fashionable right now.

Otherwise, I went to Hancock Fabrics and picked up some material on sale--we'll see if I ever feel like actually making something out of it. I just love fabric stores and I buy just to have. Well, you NEVER know when the sewing bug might bite.

I finally bought my last (?) knife. I have been buying some Wusthof brand knives over the last couple of years and I needed one more to complete the collection I wanted. At least I THINK I'm done. Who knows, I just may buy more. I never realized how much help a REALLY good knife is in the kitchen. This is the one I just bought:




**********

I don't know what was wrong with Site Meter, but none of the visits to this blog were recorded for two days. When I looked at the blog, the Site Meter counter was invisible, so I had to put a new one on the sidebar. Very strange--I don't know what happened. But, it seems to be working okay now.

**********

The friends we go to see when we do our road trips are going to an all-inclusive resort just south of Cancun in November. They want us to go with them. I really don't know if it will happen--even though I would LOVE for it to--because it won't coincide with K's long weekend and K has his heart set on going to Vegas this winter. I really, really could see myself sitting in the hot Mexican sun for a week--but, then I really would like to see Elton in Vegas before he quits performing. Damn. Maybe we'll win the lottery and will be able to do BOTH! If only. Anyway, the picture here is from the resort--NICE!


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:44 PM

    yeah, I THINK? the site meter only works properly depending on where it is located in the blog. but I could be wrong. I hav

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could be right, but I never did anything to it and it just stopped working. It has been fine for MONTHS, so I don't know. Seems okay now, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Kate! That is the knife I have been dreaming about for years. I just can't make myself spend that much for one knife, even though I know it will be the last one I ever buy. Someday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe me when I say I had to think two, three, four times before I plopped down the money for my first Wusthof knife, but it was worth every penny! Now that I have three of them, I should be done--unless I get a paring knife, but that isn't even necessary.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...