Monday, July 09, 2007

Rabbit Update

In my post Mindless Chatter from a few days ago, I mentioned the rabbit that had dug a hole in which to make a nest. I watched this nest and rabbit for a couple of days and was truly amazed at how feisty the rabbit was. He--I think it was male, as I NEVER saw him go back in the nest--stood guard ALL DAY LONG, protecting the nest from other creatures. I watched him chase chipmunks, birds, squirrels, and a young rabbit away from the nest area. I truly believe there would have been bloodshed if he would have caught what he was going after. Then on Saturday, I didn't see him anymore. Again on Sunday, he was missing. So I finally went to look at the nest and it is now empty--the 'plug' of fur and leaves has been removed from the mouth of the hole and there are no rabbits of any size to be found. Obviously, the nest has been moved.

When I spoke to C today, I mentioned this whole incident. She said they must have gone into the Witness Protection Program and had to move. K said they probably are now squirrels--after all, when you go into Witness Protection, they change your identity, too. They think they're so funny! :)

4 comments:

  1. Those are pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been tagged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And tagged by me as well..

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw, i hope the bunnies are ok! you sure a dog didn't get to them? we had that happen to us once when we were kids. i think we ALL cried, even my mom.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...