Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Relearning The Lineup

I don't have a damn clue as to what the Red Wings are trying to do. A day after free-agency went into effect, the team is nothing like it was last season. Lang and Calder weren't offered contracts. Then Schneider went to Anaheim, followed by Bertuzzi. They haven't finalized the deal with Hasek and I don't have ANY idea where Danny Markov is in all of this and Hudler just may go to Russia to play next season. All of this happening and last season's team could have--with a few lucky breaks--won the whole damn thing. Why the wholesale house cleaning? I don't understand. One bright spot: they signed Rafalski for five years--a hometown boy, come home to play. With all of the top players being signed up already, I don't know where the guys will come from to fill out the roster. This is NOT making me feel very good about this coming season. Yikes.

Biting Nails

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:47 PM

    I thought about you when drove passed the hockey stadium in Toronto. Up there it the numero uno sport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it is because I am an ex-Orange County, CA guy, but I am a DUCKS Fan. Sorry! ~ jb///

    ReplyDelete
  3. leazwell: I really wonder, sometimes, who actually lives and breathes hockey more: the Canadians or those of us in the UP! :)

    lz: Well, EVERYONE is entitled to make a mistake once in a while. After all, I used to be a Boston Bruin fan. ;) (Oh, and I am really, really, REALLY hoping the Schneider/Bertuzzi move was a bad one for Anaheim and a good one for Detroit! :))

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...