Thursday, July 12, 2007

You Knew I Had To Do It

It has been over a week since I did an actual hockey post--and I could wait no longer! If you haven't noticed, on the sidebar to the right there is a countdown clock to the first pre-season game the Wings play. Only 67 days to go! The first regular season game is on October 3--against the Ducks. Oh, yay. Not going to be a favorite game of mine unless the Wings knock the shit out of them. I'm bitter and I don't care who knows it. :)

The biggest player news that has happened is this: Dallas Drake is coming back to Detroit. Drake was a star player at our local college--in the early '90s. He was drafted by Detroit in 1989, is 38 years old, and isn't at the top of his game (come on--a -13 and a -14 plus/minus in the last two years?!)--hopefully, getting back to a good team will give him a jump start to a better season. I can only hope.

3 comments:

  1. I noticed the clock...I'm on a quest to find one for the Hurricanes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:05 AM

    Since I am *gasp* not a sports fan, I'll take your word on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. weatherchazer: I never looked for one specifically for the Wings--not sure if there is one. But the one I have here is so easy to set up--and that is what I wanted. :) (The link for the site where you can get this clock is at the bottom of the clock--in case you want one for yourself.)

    sue: I have been toying with the idea of putting up ANOTHER countdown clock to show how many days till the start of the SEASON! Yup, I'm a full-blown nutcase when it comes to hockey! :D

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...