Friday, November 14, 2008

Detroit 4, Tampa Bay 3

I am pretending that the game Tuesday night did not happen. I have been embarrassed to even say that I am a Red Wing fan after THAT ridiculous fiasco. So, on to last night's game.

The Wings played better last night, but... Things just AREN'T the way they should be--the guys are not looking right. I'm waiting to see when Babcock will put the Euro Twins back together on the first line--that might be what is needed to get the team back to normal. The way the lines were being juggled last night was unbelievable--I never knew who was going to be on the ice. I think the only line that Filppula was NOT on was the first! It just seems as if the first line was the way it was last year, then the entire team would calm down and fall back into place. I still would like to see my Baby Boy on a line with Hossa and Franzen--it might spark his scoring.

Osgood's win kept his career record of NO losses against the Lightning--he got his 17th win. He still is letting in too many goals, but that is because the 'D' isn't doing the job right. I'm wondering if Lidstrom is having problems with the visor, as he is giving the puck away too many times lately. But then, Datsuyk is allowing too many take aways, so the unusualness is across the board.

Tonight the Wings play the Panthers. They continue their road-game heavy schedule for the rest of this month and THEN get to stay at home for December. I'm not too sure it is a good thing, however, as their road-game record is better than their at-home one. We'll have to see how this is played out.


--Tampa Bay Lightning's Mike Lundin (39) and Detroit Red Wings' Valtteri Filppula (51), of Finland, battle in front of goalie Olaf Kolzig, of South Africa, during the first period of an NHL hockey game Thursday, Nov. 13, 2008, in Tampa, Fla. (AP)--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...