Thursday, November 20, 2008

Yup, It's Winter

So far in this storm, the town 10 miles up the road from us has gotten 14 inches of snow. We have gotten less here next to the lake, but there IS quite a bit out there. The driveway was pretty much filled in, but thanks to our neighbor taking care of it, K will not have to worry when he gets home from work. And that is a VERY good thing as K called and said he won't be home till after midnight. Looks like tonight and possibly the next two days he will be working 18 hour shifts. I'm not exactly sure what is going on, but I think the fact that so many people are off for hunting has led to the plant being short-handed. Anyway, we still are under a lake effect snow warning till tomorrow morning. We are supposed to get anywhere from 2-10 inches and could possibly see one or more inches per hour. Then you add the winds and we will have whiteout conditions. Hmmm...there may be MORE schools closed tomorrow.

Here is what it looked like out of my backdoor earlier today--and it will only get worse.

4 comments:

  1. My eyes are turning green. I LOVE days like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I don't have to go anywhere--which is most of the time--I have no problem with winter storms. And, to me, it isn't Christmas Eve without the 'Christmas snow'--you know, those HUGE lazy flakes that make everything look magical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. although i don't miss snow, and i haven't seen it in about 6 years...

    i think maybe i'm starting to miss it.

    a teeny. tiny. bit.

    but if i see snow, i only want to see it for ONE day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe me, when it is the middle of February and the wind chills are -15, we are in the middle of a blizzard, the town is closed BECAUSE of the blizzard, and I have a nor'easter blowing through my house, I, too, wish I could see snow for only one day! BUT, I wouldn't trade it for the weather in other parts of the country, that's for sure. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...