Wednesday, April 15, 2009

More Ramblings

I have never seen an entire episode of Spongebob Squarepants, Family Man, the Simpsons, or South Park. Some of these, I have TRIED to watch, but just couldn't do it. I hope I'm not missing much!

----------

On Saturday, the truck died. K was able to get it going so he could drive it home from work, but it has been parked on the street since then. The first appointment he could get to fix it was for Wednesday. At noon. This means I have to get up in the morning, drive to where the truck will be fixed (provided the truck can be started and he can actually drive it there), wait till the truck is done, drive him back to pick it up, and drive home. The only good to all of this: I will have my Envoy back. He has been driving it to work and I have been vehicle-less.

----------

I have never been a fan of Apple products. When I started with computers, I went with a PC and have stayed with them. I like the fact that I can actually figure out how my computer works--which I never feel is the case with an Apple. PC's allow a lot more 'tinkering' than Apples do--and I don't like the feeling of having my hand held that you get from Apple. Apple seems to think that everyone is an idiot and has to have everything done for them. I NEVER feel that way with a PC. (However, it isn't ALWAYS a good thing, either. :))

Despite all of the hype, I don't believe Apple products are all that great. Before I purchased any of my music players, for example, I read ALL of the reviews--even the ones for iPods. Granted, they can do quite a lot of things, but no more than what my Creative Zen X-Fi can do--and my Zen cost a whole lot less! While I want a phone that can do a few more things than mine can, the iPhone does WAY too much--and from a lot of reviews, not all that well. I sometimes believe Apple product owners won't admit when what they have doesn't work right--they just are too ashamed of paying the exorbitant prices that are charged.

----------

Pavel Datsyuk has come out with his own clothing line. Actually, just some T-shirts right now, but there probably will be more to come. They went on sale on Monday--the 13th, because his number is 13--and I managed to snag one right away. Don't know how fast they will go, but I didn't want to chance not getting one. Kind of cool:

It has the number 13 all over it and the tag line: "Lucky for me, unlucky for them."
----------

It is April and that means only one thing--to me, at least. Yup--the Stanley Cup playoffs are starting. While they begin on Wednesday, the Wings don't play until Thursday. I'm not sure WHAT will happen this year--but I don't have very good feelings about things. IF Detroit can get through the first round, they might have a chance to go far. But Columbus has a goalie who has played very well--and I think the Wings have let him get in their heads. NOT a good thing. I am working on my bleeding ulcer already. Only one good thing comes from the Wings exiting early: my ulcer won't get to the bleeding stage. >:/

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:29 PM

    I have seen a few SBSP episodes but none of the others. But like you, none of them appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's a generational thing, I don't know.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...