Saturday, April 11, 2009

Some Ramblings

I'm almost done with the Russian novel I have been reading. Now I can get to some brain candy--the next Dresden Files book and the last two Twilight books! While the novel hasn't been a difficult read, it is very different from what I am used to reading. I'm hoping the whole thing will be wrapped up nicely in the epilogue OR the translator notes. I WILL, however, have to wait a week or two and think about what I read--so that I can decide whether I liked the book or not. Hmmmm.

---------

For two days in a row, I have seen a robin in the yard. I guess this means that spring is finally coming. Next week the temps are supposed to be at least 50, so things are looking up.

----------

Today I took a walk around the back yard--at least the parts that weren't still snow-covered--and saw that the chipmunks are excavating again. (At least I THINK they are chipmunks--they might be some other nasty little rodents, actually.) I will have to do SOMETHING this summer to keep the little buggers away from the tomatoes. I think K will have to do some target shooting before the summer is over with.

----------

The youngest daughter has a new kitten to take care of. Now for the story. Someone brought this kitten to the clinic--it had a nasty cut and a broken back leg. And it was only about two weeks old. The vet bandaged the cut and couldn't do anything with the leg because of the kitten's size, so the leg was left. Because the kitten wasn't litter trained--duh!--the bandages wouldn't stay clean, so they were disposed of. Unfortunately, the kitten developed an infection and wouldn't eat. After a few days of watching the poor thing get worse, the vet decided that the best chance for it to get better was to remove the leg, which he did. That night, A took the kitten home and had to deal with it having seizures all night. Tonight I talked to her and the kitten is finally eating and moving around. It just may make it. And I think A will fall in love with the little thing and decide to make it part of her family. Good grief. But, that is my daughter--she just can't turn her back on ANY animal! And I love her to bits and pieces for her kind heart.

----------

My oldest finally bullied me enough and I now am on Facebook. I have to keep this blog and my Facebook separate, as both of my girls and TONS of my nieces, nephews, and cousins kids are also on Facebook. I am not ready--if I ever will be--to have anyone in my family read this blog. Oh, the horrors!

I also have a Twitter account and am not sure if I will continue with it. It is like universal text messaging, seen by the entire world. I suppose I would like Twitter better if more people I know were actually using it.

Now, back to Facebook. To me, Facebook seems to be somewhere between blogging and Twitter--and in many instances, I like Facebook better than either of the others. That might be one of the reasons I'm not on Blogger as much as I used to be. And uploading pictures to Facebook takes a fraction of the time that Blogger does. But it doesn't look as if I will give up ANY of them any time soon. Just more time for me to spend on the computer. :/

So, anyone else on Facebook or Twitter? How do you like it? And how do you think it compares to blogging and/or Twitter?


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:09 PM

    I have a facebook account but never use although more friends are getting it I may toy with it more but I just don't like it.

    I haven't and won't twat.

    Waht Russian novel did you read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. leazwell: The book I finished is called 'The Master and Margarita' by Mikhail Bulgakov. I'm finishing up the translator's notes and have to 'digest' the whole thing before I know how I feel about it. It was a much easier read than most Russian books I have read--or TRIED to read. I always have so much trouble with the names, but they didn't bother me so much this time.

    I believe Facebook has changed from what it was--and I think the change is recent. (It probably is an aesthetic change, from what I remember before.) I believe all three--blogging, Facebook, and Twitter--have good and bad things about each.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:48 PM

    I'm on Facebook, and I allowed a couple of blog friends on my FB page but I hope that none of my family members find out about my blog. I don't think there's anything on my blog that would shock anyone who knows me, but I just want to keep things separate. So I understand.

    I check FB once or twice a day if I can't think of anywhere else I want to visit. No Twittering for me, it's not necessary, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back on Twitter mainly because of the hockey season. Many of the bloggers that I read are on Twitter, so it is nice and easy to keep in touch--and it is nice to have during a game.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...