Monday, April 27, 2009

Yeah, He's Scared ;)

I think I have finally figured out why I haven't gotten to see a Red Wings' game in person: K is scared to take me. He wouldn't admit any of this if he was asked, of course, but here are the reasons why:

1. He is afraid I might embarrass him by being loud and obnoxious.

Okay, I know I'm that way at home, but out in public the only way I would be very loud is if I was in the middle of a group of like-minded fans. And we WOULD be at Joe Louis Arena, so I suppose he might have a point. I WOULDN'T, for example, dare to be too loud if I was in the Xcel Center--too many Wild fans!


2. He is afraid I would give my opinion about the refs--over and over and over again.

This is another thing I do--AT HOME. I would hesitate in public, unless I was in the middle of like-minded fans. ;) However, I WOULD have to have a few good remarks in my arsenal to use should the situation arise.


3. He worries that I would max out my credit cards buying Wing merchandise.

Now, I have three credit cards with very high limits, so I don't see THAT happening. However, I know I WOULD do some major damage with one of them, so he might have a point.


4. And most of all, he is afraid I would hunt down and destroy ANY player that would dare hit my Baby Boy!

Come on now, as if I could even FIND a player after the game. But that wouldn't stop me from trying, right? :D


Despite all of this, I'm shooting for next season to get to the Joe--and I will do ALL in my power to make this happen. GO WINGS!!!!

4 comments:

  1. "4. And most of all, he is afraid I would hunt down and destroy ANY player that would dare hit my Baby Boy!'

    yeah, I could totally see you doing THAT too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SAID K is afraid of that--even YOU know I would be upset! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't being loud a prerequisite for being at a sporting event? I thought it was expected, to root on your team.
    That's the rule, isn't it?
    I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think he could get used to the being loud part--after all, I regularly yell at the TV at home--its just the WHAT I may yell that has him scared. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...