Monday, April 20, 2009

THIS Is What This Country Has Become

I try to not be too political on this blog--sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don't. Today I am going to rant and rave and call down God's wrath--okay, not THAT bad, but still.

I. DON'T. EVER. WATCH. BEAUTY. PAGEANTS. EVER. That being said, I DO read news headlines and that is how I saw the story about the Miss USA Pageant. Seems as if during the question section, Miss California was asked about gay marriage. She said she was against it. She lost the contest--some say BECAUSE of her answer--and drama diva, out-of-the-closet gay, gossip columnist Perez Hilton has climbed onto his rainbow-colored high horse and is appalled--APPALLED, I tell ya--and ranted and raved in his blog about her and called her a dumb bitch. How DARE she say gay marriage is wrong?!?!?!?! How DARE she have a difference of opinion than this little disgusting BUG of a human being? One of the Miss USA muckity-mucks said she was wrong with bringing 'religion' into the pageant. After this, it is VERY obvious that all that is required of a beauty queen is Barbie looks and Barbie's brain.

I REALLY worry for this country. I am very conservative. That being said, I feel that if someone is gay, so be it. Do 'your thing' if you want, but do it behind closed doors as I 'do my thing.' Unfortunately, with the new 'hate crime' legislation that is about to be passed, I could be arrested for the statement I just made. I feel homosexuality is more a choice than something a person is born with. THAT statement could also get me arrested. I feel as if homosexuality is against God's law. Arrested, again. There is NO free speech in this country if it comes from the conservative, Christian perspective--it is ALL considered hate crime.

I FULLY admit to being a conspiracy theorist--anyone reading ANY of my hockey posts knows that about me ;)--but things are getting a bit ridiculous in this country. It is becoming more and more obvious to some of us that the conservative voice is being stifled at every turn. As ridiculous as some may find it, Fox news is about the only place--other than talk radio--where conservatives can actually hear some of their own opinions discussed on a daily basis. When a conservative voices an opinion--as did Miss California--the wrath of the entire mainstream media comes falling on his/her head. From nothings--like Perez Hilton--to university professors, to political heavy weights, the judgment and vitriol comes spewing forth and the condemnation is swift and intense. It takes an EXTREMELY powerful person to stand up to what rains down--and there are going to be less and less people able/willing to do so. Thus, the conservative voice WILL be stifled--and our country will be poorer for it.

Before anyone says that conservatives stifle liberals, all I have to say is "You've GOTTA be kidding!" The majority of media in this country IS liberal, so the liberal agenda is ALWAYS in the spotlight. And so be it. Just let the other side be heard, too. I don't care WHAT your point of view is--even if I find it vile--I think you have the right to be heard. The liberals don't seem to feel the same way. What are they afraid of? That if people hear a different point of view that they may agree with it? It is very much like negotiations between unions and management: Ask for way more than what you want, counter with way less than what you will give, and things will even out somewhere in the middle where everyone can live comfortably. The same with speech, please.

For anything that I said that may have offended someone, I apologize. I know gays and have gays in my family--and I love them no less than any other person. A person's 'gayness' is between him/her and God just as any other 'sin' that someone may commit. Yes, I said being gay is a sin--just as my jealousy over my best friend's slenderness is a sin and my NOT keeping God as number one in my life is a sin! (Sin is sin--one is no more 'horrible' to God than any other.) I sin every day and I must reconcile myself with God every day--something I don't always achieve, I admit. God loves each person He has created, He just doesn't love the sins that we commit. This is my 'opinion,' if you will--but I am allowed to have an opinion.

I don't know how to end this post. I am very upset and very afraid of what will happen in this country. And I see very little that can be done to stop the downfall of this great nation.*






*I may not live to see it, but this country WILL be brought to its knees--and not in a good way. (Another thing that could get me arrested.)

6 comments:

  1. AMEN!

    We are allowing the media to run this country, worse yet too many believe them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:59 PM

    I just bought tht book.

    Perez sheez, what is the point of pushing his political agenda into a beauty pageant, why was he even asked to judge???? It's like asking a hearing impaired person to determine perfect pitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I could have ranted on and on--and I did to an extent--I tried to keep myself on topic. I'm hoping my bottom-line came through loud and clear: we ARE being suppressed in this country when it comes to voicing opinions. Political correctness has taken over EVERYTHING and it can't continue. If Pat Robertson (I believe it was him) could defend Larry Flynt's right to say/publish/etc the crap he does, then why can't the left also defend these rights for those whose opinions differ from theirs? The older I get, the more I don't understand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, You're singing my song. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just say that I love you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I'm loving you right back--and kristi, too!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...