Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Little Of This, A Little Of That

Last night brought the first of the final episodes of Prison Break. While I think it is time for it to end--actually, it could have ended a season or two ago--I think I will miss it. Hopefully it will go out in a real big way.

----------

Yesterday the temp was about 72 degrees. Today it was no more than 44. Tomorrow night we just may be getting 'significant accumulations of wet snow.' Welcome to my world.

----------

I'm really tired of people implying--subtly, of course--that because I don't have a job and don't bring home a paycheck, I don't need to voice my opinion on taxes, unions, or the economy. Pardon me, but just because YOU have a job doesn't mean YOU are any smarter than I am.

----------

It took me a bit, but I finally figured out why I have been on such a horrid eating binge: it is April. What does April have to do with anything? Well, the month of May means I have to see The Mother because of her birthday and Mother's Day. My stress level goes up EVERY time it gets to this time of year--and it ISN'T only because it is playoff time.

----------

And that brings me to the playoffs. So far--and it IS only two games--the Wings have been doing very well. They have been 'putting on a clinic' and Columbus has seemed to be quite out of it. Again, it HAS been only two games and the next one is in Columbus, so things can change fast. This is why I can never let my guard down and feel good for more than hours at a time--the end of the next game could see me crying in my beer!

----------

While I never quite embraced Twitter, I enjoyed it as much as I could with the limited time I was on it. Since the 'contest' between Ashton Kutcher and CNN and the fact that Oprah is now 'tweeting,' I just may need to delete my account. I think Twitter is over with. Thank you Oprah for screwing up something else for me. :/

4 comments:

  1. ewwwww to the people who think your opinion odes not matter. Just ewwww.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my dear! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:49 PM

    I nearly posted a nasty statement about twittering following the announcement that Oprah was twittering but my husband said it was utterly lacking in refinement, ultra crass.

    What does working or not working have to do with one's opinions? Opine away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just SO sick of Oprah coming late to something and pretending she 'discovered' the newest great thing! I have been SO over her for so long...

    I have this blog specifically so I CAN opine away! :D

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...