Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I Just Couldn't

I tried, I REALLY tried to watch the game being broadcast on both channels tonight--Pittsburgh vs Philadelphia. I didn't scream like a little girl as the announcers wet themselves each time they said "Sidney Crosby." I tried to ignore Bettman sitting at the game, despite the fact there are three other games going on tonight. After all, where else would he be other than worshiping Crosby? (I failed and found myself gagging a little.) When Crosby scored "THE FIRST GOAL OF THE FIRST GAME OF THE 2009 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I vomited a bit into my mouth and had to stop watching. I couldn't stand it anymore. The ONLY time I can handle watching the Penguins play is when I KNOW they will lose--and even THAT is hard, which I found out the other night while watching a repeat of Game 6 of the 2008 finals. The game where Detroit won it all. I don't even know if I hate the Ducks as much as I hate the Penguins--and that is saying a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...