Thursday, April 30, 2009

Favorite Saying From The Playoffs--So Far

The Puck Daddy blog on Yahoo made a comment that has become my favorite of the post-season. (This was describing the announcers during a game.)

"...one of the commentators verbally fellates a (certain team's) player."

I have always tried to figure out a way of explaining what these assclowns do, and nothing I have come up with comes close to describing it as well as this. There are certain players--and teams--that are 'promoted' to the exclusion of others. One of the reasons for this is that the powers-that-be for the NHL feel as if these same players and teams need to be the 'face/s' of the NHL--and the announcers go along with it and do their 'verbal fellating.' While it is very discouraging for Red Wing fans, the fact that the Wings do so very well helps take the sting out of being ignored. I REALLY feel sorry for the fans of teams that don't do as well as Detroit. Basically, EVERY team has a potential super-star on their roster--and MOST have at least one elite player--and to have him be totally dismissed by the 'experts' while they are bragging about the players on the other team, is crushing. It would be nice to see some unbiased announcers for a change. But, then, we can't even get THAT from our news reporters, so...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:23 PM

    Is there anything the media doesn't dictate? At least in hockey you know who is giving the orders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, so true!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...