Saturday, May 23, 2009

Enbrel Update

Today I finished the first box of Enbrel and so far things are going well. I am already seeing a difference in my skin and can only hope that things will keep getting better. The only problem is that I went to the tanning salon yesterday and now my psoriasis 'spots' are a nice shade of cherry red! (It is fading, though.) I have never had this as a big problem before, so I can only think it is a reaction to the Enbrel--even though the doctor said there is nothing to keep me from tanning while using it. This whole situation is very much a learn-as-I-go process. Last night I thought I was coming down with something, but things are better today. My tonsils are a bit swollen, but that could just be my allergies/sinuses acting up. I will, however, keep a close watch and get my buns to the doctor ASAP if it looks like I need an antibiotic.

Using the epi-pen/sure-click to inject the meds is the only way I could EVER give myself an injection. And it is VERY easy to do--and the 'pain' isn't too bad. (Actually, it is more of an intense kind of sting as the meds are going in.) The entire process only takes about ten seconds, so it isn't a long length of time. Yet, because a needle is involved, I don't think I will EVER be able to do this with a nonchalant attitude. I seem to overthink the whole 'giving myself an injection' thing and find myself getting nervous and having to stop myself from having a panic attack. (It HASN'T gotten to that stage and I hope it never will.) The amount of 'talking to myself' that I have to do is unbelieveable. WHY am I so damn neurotic? :D

2 comments:

  1. I think we are all neurotic! And the epi-pen/sure-click is the only way I could do it too!

    Be careful with tanning!

    xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MAY have to try one more time just to see if it IS the tanning that caused the redness. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...