Friday, May 29, 2009

A Little Of This, A Little Of That

I have been SO discombobulated (love the word, hey?) lately and things won't get any better till the Finals are over with. Unfortunately, things might be worse--I might be going into a summer-long deep, deep depression. Can't think about that now.

----------

K finally got the new grill over the weekend. It has been SO great to have burnt offerings again. Today before going to work, he made steaks and baked potatoes! Nummy!!!!!

----------

Things still are going fine with the Enbrel. I can see, almost DAILY, improvements in my skin. This stuff is amazing. So far, I haven't had any/many side effects and am keeping my fingers crossed that things stay that way. However, on Tuesday I DID have an injection-site reaction which was a bit strange. That night or the next morning (CRS--what can I say) I had a red area about 2" X 4" surrounding where I gave the injection. It was VERY red and a bit warm--and when I ran my finger across it there was a bit of an itchy feeling. It gradually faded and as of today it only looks a bit 'shadowy,' so I did today's injection. If I have a repeat, I WILL talk to the doctor, but right now I'm just treating it as an isolated incident. I'm assuming I hit something under the skin and that's what caused the reaction.

----------

Tomorrow the step-grandson's graduation party is being held at C's house. Unfortunately, K is on night shift and we won't be able to attend. While I wouldn't have minded being there, I am VERY happy that this keeps me from having to deal with The Family.

We are getting to the age where we won't be getting too many more grad invites. Most/all of our acquaintances are old enough that their kids have been through this already. NOW we will be faced with weddings. Good grief, but it is never-ending! :/

----------

I NOW think I have an explanation for the traveling sheep! Turns out, for the last several days, there have been workers putting in a new lawn--complete with sod--at the house. I'm just waiting to see if the sheep move out of the garage and back onto the lawn as soon as the sod has become established. Updates will follow. ;)

----------

Last night I had a horrible dream. The only thing I can remember about it is crying uncontrollably. Whenever I have dreams like that, I spend the rest of the day with a very unsettled feeling--almost like I'm expecting some bad news. Very icky.

----------

And, of course, I can't possibly end a post without saying something about hockey. ;) Looks like Lidstrom WILL be back in the line-up tomorrow night, but Datsyuk is still being called a game-time decision. They claim he DIDN'T break his foot, just re-injured what wasn't completely healed. Word is that Draper is getting better and might be back before the Finals are done. And finally, Ericsson has come out disagreeing with Babcock and says he doesn't know if he'll be able to play. He said yesterday he couldn't eat or skate and felt very nauseous, but is doing better today. I still highly doubt him returning before Sunday, at the earliest.

I'm STILL not any less stressed than I was yesterday--and I actually am stressing MORE as game time gets closer---but I think I'm getting a better perspective. Thinking back on these play-offs and all of the things so many of the players have done, I am even MORE sure that the Wings can win the Cup again. The depth of the club is so much better than any other team, it is ridiculous. Every day I'm falling in love with Helm more and more--the kid is SCARY good. And he only is 22 years old! I can't imagine how much better he will be in five years. And he STILL will be considered a rookie next year--even after getting his name on the Cup last year. Amazing.

2 comments:

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...