Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Some Geekiness, The Web, My Life, and...HOCKEY!

Did you know that there is the inTERnet AND there are inTRAnets? And they aren't the same.

----------

You don't need an online dictionary if you use Google. In the search box type: "define: (word)" and hit enter. The definition will come up! (Of course, you don't use the quotation marks or parenthesis--and you supply your own word! DUH!)

To see the time in any city or country, simply type "time (city)."

----------

You can get computer hard drives for home computers with 1 terabyte+ of capacity. That is about four times larger than what my computer hard drive has. I don't have half of my hard drive filled. My question is: Why would someone NEED that much storage space? I guess if you download movies, maybe, but it still seems like an awful lot of storage space for an individual.

----------

A couple of sites I have found recently:

--Awkward Family Photos. We ALL have 'those' pictures that we would rather not see again. That's what these are. Frightening.

--Not Always Right. These are funny--and maddening--stories about customers. Who aren't always right.

----------

The weather here in the UP:

--tonight: rain mixed with snow.
--Wednesday: a high of 74+

We have strange weather here.

----------

I gave my oldest her first sewing lesson on Saturday. She NEVER wanted to know a thing about it while living here, but now is eager to learn. She gave me a back-handed compliment: She said she knows a lot of people who sew, but wants to learn from someone that is anal-retentive like I am. That way she will be sure to learn the right way to do things. :D

----------

Referees for sporting events should be unbiased. Of course, they are also human and could, subconsciously, rule for or against a certain team. There is a certain ref in the NHL that was once SHOT while in Detroit. (Something to do with a mugging, I think.) Some of the most HORRENDOUS decisions against the Wings have come from this man. Coincidence? YOU decide. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:30 AM

    Thanks for that Not Always Right link! sooo funny!

    I tried the other one and it was temporarily unavailable, I'll try it again later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure some of these people are experiencing 'brain farts' and that's why they do/say such dumb stuff, but it makes for some highly entertaining reading. :D

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...