Friday, May 08, 2009

Lawn Ornaments

I mentioned a few posts back about our neighbor's lawn ornaments--the ones that look like full-sized sheep. Now, when you think about LAWN ornaments, isn't the word 'lawn' the operative one here? Doesn't that mean the object is placed--and STAYS--on the lawn? Outside? This is what I would think. However, the neighbor doesn't seem to believe this. Every night I look out and the sheep are missing. Sometime during the day, the sheep are back in the yard. I assume she brings them in every night and then brings them out to graze in the sunlight every day. I am baffled. Considering she is new to the neighborhood--she moved in last summer--I guess I will just have to go there and welcome her. Maybe I will find out what is going on?



5 comments:

  1. Maybe the sheep come to life at night and are just running from gnomes from other people's lawns. I've heard those things can be really intimidating.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she might be concerned someone might steal them if she keeps them out overnight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. meleah: I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and am thinking the same thing. It would be very strange for it to happen here, though--we really don't have much crime.

    burg: I have heard the same thing--and I would be scared of the gnomes, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think if she ever left them out at night there would be a "stolen sheep" post in the paper next week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very probably, kristi!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...