Monday, May 04, 2009

OMG!!!

I needed something to help my mood tonight and Postcards From Yo Momma was just what I needed. This is too, too funny:

"Backstory: Our neighborhood was recently targeted by thieves. After a couple of break-ins, my mom (who lives alone) bought a battery-operated motion detector to put by the back door.

The motion detector went off last night around 3 am. It was the loudest thing, scared me to death. I woke up and quickly realized I didn’t have a plan. I never thought about what I would do if the stupid thing went off!

So, I grabbed the old boyscout hatchet you always make fun of and went out to the landing. I waited and I didn’t hear anything. I held up the hatchet and yelled down the stairs, “I HAVE A GUN MOTHERFUCKER!!!” I didn’t hear anything.

I stood there quietly in the dark for a good thirty minutes. Finally I went downstairs, one step at a time, only to find that the goddamn thing was just out of batteries.

Guess I’ll go ahead and get that gun."

2 comments:

  1. That would be my luck.. LOL!

    Oh.. I'm back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though she isn't old enough to be this woman, I can TOTALLY see my oldest doing something like this!

    HOORAY!!!!!! YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...