Tuesday, January 31, 2006

My Oldest Daughter

In a comment for my last post, cantellya asked if C was a rambunctious child. Well. First off, she gave us an endless amount of grief during her teenaged years. She hasn't lived with us since she was in ninth grade. A big problem child. But, more on this will wait till another day.

As a young child, C was extremely outgoing and smart. She was reading before she started school and was in an accelerated program for all of her grade school years. She was in the Gifted and Talented program. C has a musical gift from God and plays the flute like an angel--it came naturally to her and she didn't have to struggle at all. (I only wish she still had time to play.) She was an only child till she was 6, so she was spoiled way too much. She also was my parents only grandchild until the age of 5, so that doubled her spoiledness. Spoiled or not, she wasn't too much of a brat. She was headstrong and difficult at times, but I think she was more of a wiseass. Here is a story to illustrate what she was like:

Now, I almost think she did the following in a calculated manner--even though she was no more than 4 years old. One day we were in a local discount department store. K and I were looking at clothes for C and didn't notice she had wandered off. Suddenly we heard her voice coming from the next aisle, talking to one of the store clerks. "Excuse me. Would you happen to know K and C _____? They are my parents and they seem to be lost." Try to keep a straight face as you are telling your child not to go off alone, after hearing that! :) I can actually imagine this was something she planned ahead of time. To say she was precocious is being mild. And her middle child, Noelle, is just like this--only I think she may be smarter and more calculating than C was. The mother's curse is at work. Bwhahahahaha!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...