Monday, January 23, 2006

The Birds Must Go

Several years ago we had an outbreak of dead birds around backyard feeders in our area. The cause was determined to be salmonella. Our backyard had quite a few dead birds and we quit feeding them for the remainder of the winter--a much easier way to control the bacteria spread than the recommended cleaning and disinfecting of the feeders. Well, it looks as if we have another outbreak, so my feeders will be coming down and probably not be up again for the rest of the season. Damn! I so enjoy watching the birds--they will be missed.

3 comments:

  1. I'm wondering now if I should keep my bird feeders in their boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I saw the signs of the illness a week or so ago--and did nothing. I feel like a murderer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Muylajuana left a thanks at MY blog & I was just coming over to tell you how your book game's going around! What a great idea that was, CMK. While reading others' posts, however, I realized that I failed to mention the book AND the author. I'll play your next game right, promise!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...