Monday, January 09, 2006

Monday Blues

I thought today was going to be a fairly good day. After all, the temp is hovering around the freezing mark, the sun is shining, and I haven't gotten any upsetting phone calls. All of the good feelings changed when I went to the freezer to take out something for dinner tonight. When I opened the door, it sounded as if a hampster was running on a wheel in a metal cage--and the wheel was loose. I really wish I could describe the sound. Something like "chunka-chunka-chunka, dit-dit-dit, tic-tic-tic." Altogether, not something I wanted to hear. Of course, my way of handling the whole situation: take a cup of coffee and go to the computer and read my mail! The rest of the story: every time I go back to see if the fridge is still working, the sound is not there. K is going to accuse me of "hearing things"--something I am NOT in the habit of doing. The situation is this: whenever something mechanical goes wrong, be it the Jimmy, washing machine , or furnace, I am the only one who hears the "noises" until it is too late to get the problem fixed. By the time K actually experiences the problem, we have to get a replacement for the broken appliance. So now, I will have a "death watch" going on for my refrigerator. The only good thing about all of this is, we will, finally, be able to go out and get a new fridge with totally clear consciences!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...