Monday, January 02, 2006

Number 1000

One of my fellow bloggers, Ranger Tom, became the 1000th person to visit Out of My Mind. Congratulations, R.T. Wish I had a great gift for you, but, sorry, I don't. Maybe if you become number 5000...Oh, well.

Anyway, R.T. posted awhile back about the searches that people did that led them to his blog, so I figured that I would use his idea and do the same. Nothing like stealing another's ideas. :) To make it more my own idea, I will add some other info.

Most of the people that visit my blog use Windows as the operating system on their computers. Other than the VAST majority using XP, a few use ME and 2000. Every once in awhile I will get someone using a MAC OS and I have a regular visitor using Linux UNIX and she is a friend of mine from a local university. Most people use Internet Explorer as their browser, but there are some that use Firefox. I get someone using Netscape, rarely, and the ones with Macs use Safari. So, from this very small amount of statistics, it truly shows that it is a Microsoft world.

Now onto the way some people find this blog. This past summer and into the fall A LOT of people were searching for ways to get rid of spiders in their basements. There were so many people searching for that, I was beginning to think we were experiencing the movie Arachnophobia in real life! Another common search was about getting rid of chipmunks, so I know I am not alone in the world when it comes to having pests around the house.

During the last month, there were two searches that really bothered me--I wanted to reach out to the ones doing the searches because they seemed to need someone to talk to. One of the searches was for "father AND I was molested," and the other one was "should I give my third child up for adoption, husband is gone." I hope and pray these women (I'm assuming both are women) get whatever help they need--I wish they could have found answers on my blog, but that just wasn't to be. Be at peace my dears, be at peace.

2 comments:

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...