Saturday, January 21, 2006

What The HELL Am I ABOUT To Do?

Anyone who has read this blog for a while knows that I have some definite issues with my family. As of yet, I haven't really written about what the problems are, but they are there. Now I am thinking about doing something that I can't even believe is a thought in my mind.

Our youngest daughter is getting married in May. We've known about this for a few months and I have been trying to find to wear--no such luck. I am 5ft 1in, and I DEFINITELY have more than 10 pounds to lose, so it is not an easy task. I finally found a pattern that I think could look good on me, so I have decided to make my own dress. Of course, I told my decision to C and I explained what I was going to do with the dress: the color and type of fabrics, any embellishments, etc. We both agreed it could be very nice. Now the beginning of my dilemma. C told The Mother about my dress. The Mother (in her best drama queen fashion, I'm sure) said, "Oh, if your mother could only make ME a dress!" To which C suggested she call me and ask. The Mother said she "could never" do that. (Why? Is she afraid I would squeeze through the phone wire and rip her head off? Not possible--I use a cordless phone!) So, C called and asked if I would do it. The Mother has no knowledge of this phone call, so I could say "no" without her knowing--only C would be aware of my negative attitude. But, The Mother did a wonderful job raising me--I would have the guilt of the world on my shoulders for all eternity if I said "no." I DON'T want to get involved with my family again--it is too nice to not be around them. But The Mother is getting old and I won't have her around to ignore too much longer. I could do the fittings at times I would KNOW The Brother wouldn't be around, so I wouldn't have to see him. I could be in the same room as The Father and not acknowledge him--we've never had a conversation so far, why worry about starting now? AND this is the last of my kids to get married--no more BIG occasions to have to be around them. AND my doctor will ALWAYS prescribe me a "happy pill" if I need one. Did I just talk myself into saying "yes?" Unfortunately, I think I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...