Saturday, January 28, 2006

Saturday

Not a whole lot of excitement around here. K goes back to work tomorrow for four days and then it is long weekend time! Yeah! A whole seven days that we can use to plan an out-of-town trip. It's been more than six weeks since we've done a road trip and it will be nice to take off. I sure hope the weather cooperates.

Talking about the weather--we are under a heavy snow warning for tonight and tomorrow. They are saying about 12 inches of wet, heavy snow when it is all said and done. Hmmmm, I wonder if this is it for our nice winter? Just the other day we had record breaking temps and now we are going to have a winter storm! The joys of living here near the big lake.

Well, The Parents were here today. It actually turned out to be okay. I think the fact that I don't see or talk to The Mother for months and months at a time actually made for a pretty nice visit. I definitely know that I would NOT be able to be around them too often--I've learned and grown too much over the past years to put up with all the bullshit. But seeing them once in awhile is okay. So, anyway, I took her shopping for the fabric for her dress for the wedding--and, yes, I decided to do it. We settled on a gorgeous baroque satin in a color that is so hard to describe that I couldn't get a perfectly matching thread! It is a kind of greenish, brownish, goldish color--as I said, very hard to describe. It will be just beautiful made up. The only problem with it is that it is dry clean only--bummer. But, for the price per yard, you couldn't go wrong. Still didn't get my fabric, though. I have to think on it a little bit more. Surprisingly, the fabric store here has TOO many selections at this time. I will have to decide soon, though, or there won't be anything I will want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...