Thursday, January 12, 2006

Of Phones and Refrigerators and Such

K and I have had our new cell phones for about two weeks now and are pretty happy with them. Having flip-phones when you're used to the "candy bar" style definitely is different. But, K wanted something that you didn't need to keep the keys locked all the time, so we got these. The phones we have are the Nokia 6101--GSM and able to surf the web, take pictures, etc. I won't be doing any of the text messaging and probably will never send a picture, but other features I plan on taking advantage of. I want to be able to sync the phone with my PC and be able to add wallpapers and ringtones, etc. And to that end, I ordered a cable to hook to the PC. Well, I decided to try and save a lot of money, and I ordered a cable that wasn't made by Nokia--BIG mistake. Thankfully, the cable only cost $10, so I don't have to feel too bad about not sending it back. (I ordered this from Hong Kong and it just isn't worth the shipping to send it back.) Anyway, I spent quite a few hours working on the drivers and surfing the net for solutions, etc. and I couldn't get the damn thing to work. I am pretty sure I am just going to cut my losses and order an ORIGINAL cable and, hopefully, be able to do exactly what I wanted to in the first place! At least it wasn't TOO expensive of a lesson to be learned.

A couple of days ago I posted about the impending death of my refrigerator. Well, it isn't completely dead, but it is about to go, so K said we should go shopping. And we ordered our new frig today. We should be getting it the middle of next week and I can't wait! We bought another GE because we have always had wonderful luck with the brand and we got the closest thing we could find to the size we already have. Now, this wasn't our first choice, but we have a specific space that the frig has to go in, so we can't go over certain dimensions in size. If we had our druthers, we would have a HUGE side-by-side or 3-door with an ice-maker and water dispenser--maybe if we ever get another house, we will do that.

Not much else going on. K just ended his long weekend--and he worked all but two days of it. The overtime is crazy, again, but it is nice to have the extra money. He will be going on night shift tonight and we will see if we can do a day-run shopping trip next week when he has a day or two off--that is, as long as there isn't overtime! Oh, well, we'll have to wait and see.

5 comments:

  1. Just got caught up on your posts. I'm gonna try & remember to copy & paste that getting to know you tomorrow. Hope your holidays were marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have you back, my dear! Missed ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! I'm not gonna comment too much because I don't wanna bring things up that have already passed, but I WILL say I seethed for a moment or two. MIssed you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the big reminders you are definately well past your 20's... You get excited over large household appliances...

    Myself, I'd KILL for a good washer-dryer combo...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, it is really sad. But I DO have an excuse (besides being older than dirt) and it is this: we have only purchased one other frig in our married life! Heck we have had TWO kids, so getting the second refrigerator is a big event! Oh, be still my beating heart. :)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...