Thursday, January 19, 2006

NOT Another Post About My New Frig

We are going to go broke feeding the birds this year. The last few years they have been pretty much staying away, but this year we have actual FLOCKS coming by every day. Yesterday I counted at least 2 dozen mourning doves--I can't keep an actual count of the various finches, chickadees, sparrows, and whatever else shows up. I could really be filling the feeders every day, but I do it every other day--this way everything is fresher for them. We have various snowy owls in the immediate area, so I'm just waiting for when my backyard becomes a killing field for them.

Got the cable for my cellphone yesterday and it actually worked! Yeah! At last I have a ringtone that isn't annoying: an old phone ringing. I am a bit upset that I couldn't get the ringtone of Robin Williams yelling "Good Morning Vietnam" in a format to go with my phone. That WOULD have been annoying, but I think it would have been fun--at least the first three times I heard it!

The other day I was sitting in the kitchen and the TV was on, as usual--it's usually on for background noise. Anyway, K had changed the channel at some point and there was a story about Benjamin Franklin on. They were talking about his discovering, or working with, electricity and they had an actor portraying the famous key-on-a-kite string story. Now, this is good: in the upper left-hand corner of the screen, as a man wearing a curly wig and clothing from the 1700s played with a kite, there was a disclaimer reading "A RE-ENACTMENT." I almost fell over I started to laugh so hard. But then, it occurred to me, there probably are some people out there--more than I want to know, actually--who would believe that TV was around in the 1700s! Oh, my gosh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...