Saturday, January 14, 2006

Another Saturday Night...

...and I ain't doing anything exciting! Between K's screwy work schedule and our getting to be older than dirt, Saturday isn't a day that we especially wait for. Just another day.

Of course, I could have been doing quite a few things--some that really NEED to be done--but I have spent the entire evening sitting at the computer. And I could have been doing something constructive here--doing some upkeep, updating various stuff--but I decided to just mess around with some fun stuff. I downloaded Yahoo! Widget Engine (fomerly Konfabulator) and decided to give it a try, again. (I tried Konfabulator a year ago on this computer and I even tried it with my old computer several years ago.) While it is fun and in many ways useful, I just don't know if I sit at the computer enough to justify using up resources to keep the TV schedule and weather report on my desktop. I just don't understand some of the Widgets and why they would be needed--does anyone really need a traffic-cam going at all times on their desktop? Whatever floats your boat, I guess. So, right now, the Widgets I have on my desktop are: my TV schedule, a digital clock, National Weather Service alerts, Yahoo weather, and the US map showing the current temps. Good grief, I must be obsessed with weather! I'll keep this going for now and see if there are more Widgets I want. It might be something I find I can't live without.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...