Saturday, May 12, 2007

1 Down, 7 To Go

The Wings beat the Ducks tonight 2-1. It definitely wasn't the prettiest game they have played and they made some ugly goals, but the win was nice, nonetheless. I must say, Anaheim is one of the dirtiest teams I have ever seen play. They didn't have many penalties called on them, but I don't know if it was because the officials didn't want to or just didn't see what was going on. I mean, come on, there is NO REASON to slash at the opposition goalie's throat or punch him in the face several times after the whistle blows. Detroit has to come out and be a bit more physical in the rest of this series--Anaheim doesn't care how much hurt they put on the other team and Detroit has to start thinking like that, too. Even though this wasn't the best played game that Detroit has had, they were able to keep Anaheim from doing too much good. That being said, if it wasn't for Hasek and how good he has been playing, the Wings would have lost big time. Dom made 31 saves and Giguere only had to make 17. (Granted, he let two in, but still.) Shots on goal, guys--come on, shoot that puck!


--Shawn Thornton (R) of the Anaheim Ducks fights with Danny Markov (R) of the Detroit Red Wings. The Detroit Red Wings converted two power-play goals for a 2-1 victory over the Anaheim Ducks on Friday and the early edge in the National Hockey League Western Conference finals. (AFP/Getty Images/Gregory Shamus)--

1 comment:

  1. This was playing in my house. Hubby was glued to the screen. =)

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...