Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sunday

In our town, the city workers will come by in the spring and take whatever household junk that is put curbside and haul it away. It is absolutely amazing to watch the people riding around doing 'dumpster diving.' Tomorrow our junk is supposed to be picked up and K and I will have to work at getting some stuff out to the curb. It is hell when he has been working so much--just no time to do any spring cleaning. I guess I will only get the stuff I KNOW has to go--won't be able to do any digging, so the majority of junk will stay in my house. Oh, well.

**********

It is extremely dry here, so we are under a wildfire watch. With the dry air, dry conditions, and hard winds, if a fire starts, a whole lot of the UP could go up in flames. Last weekend--while under the same conditions/watches--the DNR (in all its intelligence) decided to do a 'controlled burn.' It 'got away' from them and managed to burn over 1100 acres before they got it under control. I am not a fan of the DNR. I wonder why?

**********

All of the teams are in place for the the conference finals (Stanley Cup semi-finals)--except for one team. And that team will be either the Red Wings or the Sharks. The Wings can put the Sharks away tomorrow night--or they can go onto a seventh game to end it all on Wednesday. I hope it ends tomorrow. If the Wings win, they will then have to play the Anaheim Ducks. Another team that has a player I JUST. CAN'T. STAND. (Chris Pronger) Sadly, Schneider broke his wrist during Saturday's game and is done for the year. He will truly be missed. Maybe Lebda will be back tomorrow night--one can only hope. The Wings only need to win 9 more games and they will have the Cup!

**********

Spoke with the youngest daughter tonight and I finally found out what all the commotion was the other night. Turns out, the cops were at the neighbor's doing a raid on a meth lab! We figured it was drugs, but didn't think it was THIS serious. She isn't sure how many people were taken by the cops, but she DOES know that some of the tenants are still in the house. For whatever reason, the house wasn't shut down and everyone wasn't hauled off to jail. Thank goodness they have a neighborhood watch and the police are on alert. The joys of living in a city--and she lives in a GOOD city!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...