Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I Need Help

Now, before anyone makes any snide remarks about the title, I will just get going with this post. Oldest daughter turned 29 last week. (Before you try to guess my age, I have to tell you that I gave birth to her at the age of 6. It was in all the papers! :)) Anyway, she is having an age crisis--already. I told her I will be relentless in my teasing when she turns 30. (She IS okay with this teasing.) And this is where I need help from all of you. For the 30 days leading up to her birthday, I will be sending her a little gift. Each of these gifts will be something that is connected with 'old people.' So far, I have the following items on my list:

--Depends
--glucosamine
--Ben Gay
--Preparation H
--an AARP magazine
--Polident
--support hose
--wrinkle cream

Please, give me suggestions! The more I have, the easier it will be for me to gather all of the items together. I am going to start my purchases ASAP--much easier than waiting till the last minute. Thanks!

ROFL 10

7 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! I had a hard time coming up with things that you didn't already have listed but came up with:
    Hair dye (cover up the gray)
    Prunes
    Walking cane
    Bed pan
    Heating pad
    Large Print Reader's Digest
    (you could probably get a past issue off of eBay)
    Some of those Dollar store reader glasses (unless she already is a eyeglasses wearer)
    Metamucil (my Grandpa swore by it)
    A tin of Bag Balm
    Doan's backache pills (I think they are still over the counter)
    Stretch mark cream

    Also check out this site. They have some cute stuff listed under "over the hill" and also on the sidebar they have stuff for 30th birthday.
    http://tinyurl.com/26j2zd

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mentioned Polident so they'll need a denture holder thingy.

    A pair of those big sunglasses?
    A shawl?
    Or stuff to knit her own shawl. lol

    That's all I got for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crap! They took all my ideas!

    You're daughter is two months older than I am.. My mom had me when she was 6 too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the ideas! Any more anyone can come up with, please send them along.

    burg: I guess the reason I didn't read about your mom is because I did it first! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about some of those cheapo cheater reader glasses? Get the ugliest pair you can find--someday she will be looking for them, mark my words.

    Dr. Scholls has some really nice items as well. Corn pads anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure that's it.. LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. kristi: Forgot about the corn pads! Thanks.

    burg: :)


    While I was out tonight, I found a few other things:

    pill case
    gas-x
    stool softeners


    Already thought of the denture bath and reader/cheater glasses. Thanks, all, and keep any and all suggestions coming!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...