Thursday, May 03, 2007

Un-freaking-believeable!!!!!

Halfway through the game tonight, I told K, 'Well, I guess it is all over, hey?' He agreed. The Wings were down 2-0 and they just weren't playing well at all. Holmstrom--playing his first game back after getting his eyelid cut during the last game with Calgary--got a power play goal just seconds before the end of the second period.

Halfway through the third period, I was positive it was all over but the crying. I even told K that I had half a mind to turn the game off and watch something else. Well, would I have been a fool if I would have done that! With 33 seconds left to the game, the Wings were down 2-1. And then Lang got the tying goal. I was totally speechless. And I had to tell K, because HE changed the channel! Amazing! (And 'my boy' got the assist, as he fed the puck to Lang--YIPPEE!!)

On to overtime. It was white-knuckle, nail-biting time through the overtime. At 16:04, with one hell of a wind-up, Mathieu Schneider let loose and scored the winning goal! The Wings won it and will play again on Saturday. With the series tied 2-2 and the Wings having home ice for two of the next three games, there is still the potential for them to win the series. I can only hope and dream.


--Detroit Red Wings left wing Henrik Zetterberg, left, of Sweden, and center Johan Franzen, also of Sweden, congratulate defenseman Mathieu Schneider (23) after he scored the winning goal to defeat the San Jose Sharks 3-2 in overtime during Game 4 of a second-round NHL hockey playoff series in San Jose, Calif., Wednesday, May 2, 2007. The series is tied 2-2. (AP Photo/Paul Sakuma)--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...