Thursday, May 03, 2007

I Didn't Know This!

For those of you who own dogs, I have a question. Has your dog ever smelled like popcorn? As we all know (right?), dogs sweat from the pads on their feet--as opposed to sweating from the pits as humans do. If you find that your dog's feet smell like popcorn, that is normal. The popcorn smell is just the smell of a dog's sweat! I thought that was quite interesting. (Here is the post on mental_floss, where I got this fact from. Gotta love the site--gotta love the magazine!)

Dog 6

5 comments:

  1. Popcorn smells like feet to me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:51 AM

    Popcorn - lol! No, I've never noticed that scent wafting up from any dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm STILL waiting for someone to snorgle their dog's paw-pads and tell me if they smell like popcorn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I just went and took several whiffs of my Dexter's paws. No popcorn smell. Maybe he isn't sweating at all. He was laying on the sofa and I think he thought I was going to take his favorite ball that was laying under one of his paws. He never growls at me but after I held his left paw and sniffed at it for the fifth time, he gave a tiny little growl! He probably thought, "weird human"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindi: That is one of the funniest things I have ever read! I can just imagine the thoughts going on in the pooch's head! Thanks for a good laugh. :D

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...