Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Always Thought He Was A Jerk

I never was a fan of Tiger Woods--and never have been a fan of golf. I just think it is bad form to take a shot at another sport when you are the 'face' of your pro-sport--and Tiger Woods did it. During a press conference on Monday for a game he will be playing in Michigan in a couple of months, he was asked whether he wanted Detroit or Pittsburgh to win. His response?

Woods started to laugh, then landed a zinger.

"I don't really care. Let's talk about the Dodgers," the California native said. "I don't think anybody really watches hockey anymore."

At least the NHL showed a lot more class than he did. A spokesman for the NHL had this to say about Wood's comment:

"The National Hockey League has enormous respect for Tiger Woods, for all his accomplishments and for his work with the community," NHL spokesman Frank Brown said. "We think he's a great golfer."

Way to show your true, classless colors Tiger!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:05 PM

    OMG we are simultaneously commenting on each others blogs. he he he

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...