Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Day

My day was worse than yours. Period. Unless you had a horrid tragedy, I guarantee my day was much, much shittier than yours was.

This morning I was sitting on the toilet taking care of business. All of a sudden I felt something along the lines of this:



Yep, the toilet was erupting like a volcano. Of course, I got off, started screaming for K, closed the lid--little good it did other than keep stuff from hitting the ceiling--and stood looking at the mess as more spewed from between the seat and toilet. I almost started to cry. K came into the room and flushed the toilet. This slowed things down a little and finally the erupting ended. And I stood there, frozen. I don't even remember if I have ever had to clean up an overflowing toilet, but THIS!! Nothing I have ever seen before.

Finally I got moving and grabbed towels from the linen closet to soak up some of the water. I got the bucket ready and got on my hands and knees to begin the clean-up. I almost was done getting the first layer of crud off of everything and I went to wipe the water line leading into the toilet. It broke off in my hand. And water began to spray. Everywhere. And continued until I screamed for K to turn the freaking water off! This time I DID start crying. I was soaked head to toe and the bathroom was worse. Back to the linen closet for more towels. And I cleaned the bathroom once more.

All of this began--well, NOT the water line breaking--because the city had an outside agency video-surveying the sewer lines in our section of town. I guess there have been problems. K talked to the guys--who WERE outside of our house when this all happened--and they said they were probably the cause of our eruption. They offered to come and clean up the mess--but I was all done by this time. The only thing left was for me to shower--again. And do laundry--lots and lots of laundry. But first (after showering), I went to bed--I wanted to forget what happened for a while.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:25 AM

    A very bad day, indeed! Nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, Kate, I DID stub my toe...

    Sorry about your erupting toidie day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kristi: :)

    I HOPE no one was reading my tale of woe while eating--I TRIED to be as delicate as possible. Not an easy task, for sure, considering the subject matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:34 AM

    oh, eww! Now that's a bad day that beats all bad days. Mark this one for future reference when there's a bad-day contest someplace. It'll be a couple of days before you can laugh about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...that is awful! I wonder if the same thing happened to any of your neighbors?

    ReplyDelete
  6. janet: Yeah, it WILL go down as a legendary story at some point in my life! :)

    cindi: The neighbors west of us had the same thing happen, only to a MUCH lesser degree. I guess no one else was on the pot like I was. :D (Missed you, my friend. Hope all is well.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:09 PM

    Um. NO WAY.

    I will take back all of my bitching about my job.

    You win...hands DOWN...worst day EVER.

    That happens to be one of my biggest fears when using a public restroom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. meleah: I AGREE!!!! I am ALWAYS worried about making a public toilet clog or backup or something. BIG, BIG fear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:22 PM

    Gulp!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...