Sunday, June 08, 2008

Bits

I'm REALLY feeling bitchy today--and I don't know why. I hope it isn't because I know I'm not going to get another hockey fix for three months--that would just be TOO sad! :) Anyway, I had to stop myself from starting a fight with K earlier. He asked what I was going to do today and I swallowed my answer: "NOTHING--just like YOU!!!" Yup, THAT would have started a good one--MANY days of silence. :D

**********

Ending up on hockey notes:

--Lidstrom and Osgood will be on The Tonight Show on Tuesday! I wish more players would be there, but I'm sure most of them are going home--to Europe. They will, of course, be bringing the Cup for its appearance.

--It finally was revealed what was wrong with Franzen in the playoffs: he had a subdural hematoma. Scary stuff! And it makes it even THAT much more horrifying that the Penguin player gave him a shot in the head. It was bad enough to be hitting someone in the head who everyone thought had had a concussion, but THIS is much more frightening stuff. If Franzen would have walked away after that, I certainly wouldn't have blamed him--I probably would have.

**********

I just finished reading 'Requiem For A Dream' by Hubert Selby, Jr. While it was an interesting read, all I could think was, "I did this in high school--and I am SO OVER heroin addict stories!" And if I read ONE MORE book by an author who thinks it is fun to write without punctuation, I. WILL. PUKE!!!

**********

Verrrrryyyyyy slowwwwwwllllllyyyyyyy the summer TV series are beginning. Tonight is the second episode of 'In Plain Sight'--and I have high hopes for it. I enjoyed the premiere well enough--I think it just needs to get going a little more. What I'm REALLY waiting for are 'Burn Notice', 'The Closer', and 'Eureka. That will help the summer go faster.

**********

Has anyone else noticed just how bad some of the things are on QVC? When QVC first started, I thought it was fantastic, but things are definitely changing. First, I wouldn't buy one of the computers they sell. For what I want and need, they are VASTLY underpowered--despite what they try telling people. I guess for someone who doesn't know any better, they are okay, but still. And just WHAT is going on with the Joan River's jewelry collection? Did someone think this was a good idea? I mean, really, a stretch-band on a watch!?!?!?!? Would someone REALLY buy THIS? Enough said.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:45 PM

    I could use a little ice hockey now, just looking at it makes me feel cooler. The heat is is through the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKFULLY the temp went down today--in the 60s. I thought we were bad on Friday and Saturday, but we still didn't come close to what is going on in the eastern US! I don't envy that, at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:29 AM

    "I am SO OVER heroin addict stories"

    HA HA HA HA HA HA

    me too

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...