Monday, June 23, 2008

And When I Die...

So, you're sitting around with friends and the conversation seems to get away from you--as in, you start talking about dying. This is what happened over the weekend to me.

We went on one of our road trips--YAY!!!--and after dinner my friend and I began talking about death. Why? Who knows. We both agreed that we will have closed caskets--no people standing, looking at us, and saying things like, "She looks so good!" or "She looks just like she's sleeping!" (We did decide, should either of us have an open casket and if someone SHOULD make one of the remarks, whichever one of us is around would reply, "What do you mean? She's DEAD for crying out loud!!!") My friend wants to have socks on her feet in the casket--they are always cold--even though she will be cremated. She then wants to have her ashes sprinkled on a Lake Superior beach. (SHHHHHHHH!!! That is against the law--please don't tell.) I suggested she should have some of her ashes sent away to make diamonds for each of her kids or have some put into memorial pendants for them--this way she could be close to them forever. Needless to say, she didn't embrace the idea :) Of course, this started us down the road of ridiculous suggestions. We finally agreed HOW we were going to be presented to the world for the last time. First, we will be very, very old--extremely wrinkled bodies with lots of saggy skin. We will be in our caskets totally buck naked--and the caskets WILL be open. After death, we will have our nipples pierced and nipple rings inserted. I will have a winged wheel tattooed over my heart--after death. (I will wait while you get a mental image.) And then our souls will hover over the caskets and smile while we listen to the shocked comments people will make. What fun! :D

Shocked 7

5 comments:

  1. I think it's a cool idea to make diamonds out of your loved ones' ashes. Why not? I still have my dad's I might just look into it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I just took a look at the website. Good night nurse! TWENTY THOUSAND BUCKS? Sorry dad, you'll have to stay in the jar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:56 PM

    I am so going the cremated route myself. But I do like your diamonds/pendant idea for my ashes!

    I dont like talking about death at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how twisted you are! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. kristi: Yeah, a bit over the top.

    meleah: I think the only way I can talk about death is by joking. And I'm NOT completely unaccepting of the diamond/pendant--just another thing to do to my kids! :)

    burg: Glad you enjoy! I certainly try hard.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...