Friday, June 06, 2008

Blah!

My day certainly didn't start off great: it was the hottest day we have had so far this year. This afternoon the temp in our backyard was 87 degrees. YUCK!!! I know a lot of people like warm temps and I say, fine--I just don't share the feeling. Anything higher than 68 is WAY too warm for me and 87 is absolutely stifling! I kept the windows and blinds closed all day and then opened the windows after the sun went down. It is a little better in here now, but it will be hell to sleep. K said he will install the air conditioners tomorrow--we'll see.

Today the city of Detroit had the victory parade and rally for the Wings. I really felt jealous at not being there, but seeing how hot it was, I was happy to watch on TV. They really did it up right--it was estimated that one+ million people turned out. Compared to other places that had THEIR celebrations in parking lots--(cough) New Jersey and Anaheim (cough)--Detroit did well. The parade moved slowly over the mile-long route, taking 2 1/2 hours to complete. The rally added another 45 minutes to the celebration. And, it seemed, a good time was had by all.

Now that the season and the playoffs are done, the truth about some of the players' injuries is coming out. It is suspected that Holmstrom has a sports hernia and will need surgery. No wonder he had such a hard time the last part of the season. And my Baby Boy was playing with a sprained MCL. FINALLY we know why he has been out of it off and on since the end of March. They still haven't disclosed what exactly was wrong with Franzen, but they said it definitely was NOT a concussion. Holland said it will be up to the Mule whether or not to reveal what really happened.

I am trying to come to grips with the fact that the season is done--and there will not be any hockey for three months. I grasp at straws to try to get through: the NHL awards are on 12 June; 1 July is when the UFA and RFA are available, so it will be nail-biting time to see what will happen with Baby Boy; then there is the draft--not that Detroit gets any high picks, but...; and there always is the anticipation over who will be back next season and who will retire or not be re-signed. Of course, the biggest straw for me to grasp is whether or not the Stanley Cup will make a trip here. I know it is a long shot, at best, but Dallas Drake DID go to school here and he DID win a NCAA title here, so... I can only dream. :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:07 PM

    its about 92 degrees today and humid as all hell. Im dying over here. I dont like anything over 72 degress!

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...