Saturday, July 15, 2006

How Sad

There I was, surfing around and checking the blogs I read daily, when Miss Fire's most recent post made me want to leave a comment. Then I stopped and thought, "Ahh, screw this. SOMEONE will misunderstand and take offense at something I say and I just don't want to deal with that." This comes from the LAST time Miss Fire had a 'controversy' going on at her place.

Now, how sad is this? I thought the whole idea was supposed to be 'if we dialogue with each other we can work out our differences.' Yeah, right. This is the same kind of bullshit hot air that Oprah spews. She will 'dialogue' with anyone as long as they agree with what she has to say. But as soon as someone voices an opinion that is different than hers, all hell breaks loose and she slices and dices and dismisses said person. (This is only one reason I quit watching her many years ago.)

I now have to make the following statement before I am accused of being a racist: I ONLY used Oprah as an example because EVERYONE knows who she is. It has NOTHING to do with her being black. I have heard white, Hispanic, black, German, Asian, French, Mexican, Latin, Canadian, British, all kinds of American, etc, etc, etc, assholes talk all kinds of shit and I don't care WHAT color, creed, nationality, ethnicity, or religion they are, they are just as racist in their narrow-minded 'I am right because I am politically correct and you are wrong because you disagree with me' way as the most biased, neo-Nazi, white supremacist you can ever find.

I guess the 'give peace a chance' and 'we can work through our problems' just works for some--not all--people. And we can definitely have peace as long as we go along, completely and like sheep to the slaughter, with the politically correct.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with The Nuge... (Ted Nugent)

    We are "Sheeple"

    Sheep-people... Sheeple...

    Get it?

    And as the "Reverend" Jesse Jackson said once, "Black people are incapleble of racism..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the exact same way, so I just made some silly comment about passing gas.. Then I read the previous post and the "controversy" it started.

    Oh, my gosh.. She is so right in saying there's a double standard. She got attacked, didn't she? All she did was answer a question. I started to leave a second comment about how sick I am of that particular kind of attitude.. How some people, being born in this country of so many opportunities, still use the "I'm being held back because of (insert race, religion, etc. here)" excuse. I'm sorry, but if you're able-bodied and have a functioning brain, there is no excuse.. The only person who can truly hold someone back is themselves... I understand that someone may slam a door in your face, but hey, find another door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. RT: I like that...sheeple.

    Red: Yeah, and when a door closes, a window opens. (Not the exact saying, but you get my drift...)


    And yes, I wrote about 3 different comments on Miss Fire's post and then had to try to 'fix' each one before publishing. And each time I tried to fix a comment--and the fixing was so that no one would be offended with what I said--it just got worse. This politically correct stuff is giving me a headache.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...