Monday, July 24, 2006

It's Done

We got back from our weekend with The Family late this afternoon. I am exhausted--more emotionally than physically, but exhausted nonetheless. While the time spent with those people could have been worse, there were even moments that I actually almost enjoyed myself. I will give more of an accounting of the weekend later.

One thing I did get out of the weekend was one very funny, true story. Here goes:

John was always late--for EVERYTHING. He could never get anywhere on time. John died. He was cremated. There was some kind of a mix-up and John's ashes were delayed for the funeral. John's son-in-law told his wife, "See. I TOLD you your father would even be late for his own funeral!" (Something we have said about our oldest daughter, many, many times! :))

1 comment:

  1. Oh, priceless. And, you know, it's one of those things that will give you all a laugh for years to come.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...