Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sunday Meanderings

--Anyone notice how this is the Fourth of July "weekend"--even though the 4th doesn't come until Tuesday? I mean, come on, wasn't it bad enough that every holiday had to be part of a three-day weekend and now we're expanding it to 4 days? How long before we have an entire week for every holiday we celebrate? And don't even get me started about the "holiday season" that begins the end of September and continues through the first of January!

--Two of the grandkids have birthdays this week: Christina is turning 10 and Marcus is 2. And DON'T let me start talking about how fast the time is going! :D

--I'm glad to say it has cooled off to 80 degrees outside--HA! I can't wait for autumn when the temps will not get any warmer than 65. (And any temp higher than 65 is HOT!) By the way, have I ever mentioned how much I hate hot weather? I guess living in the Great White North is where I am supposed to be.

--My newest musical purchase is Best of Chris Isaak. I am loving it and can't understand why I never became a fan of his before this? I know I heard of him, but never really HEARD him, if you know what I mean. Oh, well, better late than never, right?

--The cat has been in a feeding frenzy for the past week or so. I usually feed her around 11:30PM and she has been coming to me by 10:00PM asking to be fed. And she acts as if it has been DAYS since she ate last. Don't know what is going on with her--I DID cut back on the dry food I give her (just a little), so maybe she is afraid she is wasting away to normal!?

--Without paying attention to what I was doing, I accidentally deleted my favorite-favs folder of bookmarks today. I cannot believe they are gone--just like that! Thank goodness I have the laptop setup to be just like the desktop--at least I will be able to restore them without having to try and remember all that I had. I guess it is time I get that external harddrive and start doing regular backups! Maybe THAT'S what I will get for my anniversary this year.

--And, finally, if anyone is interested, I have Gmail invites for anyone who might want one. Gmail offers over 2.7 gigabytes of storage--you will NEVER have to delete ANYTHING--and is a pretty good program. If you are in need--or in want--of a new email address, let me know and I will send you an invite. Send the request to outofmymind.cmk@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...