Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Little Bits

--I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this one: there now is a George Foreman grill that you can connect to your PC via USB 2.0. There is no other power connection needed. Is this a good thing or is this laziness gone wild? But then again, a hamburger without leaving my computer... See the story here.

--There is something called 'the ICE idea' that is making the rounds and becoming more common. ICE stands for In Case of Emergency and people are urged to list their emergency contact person in their cellphones under 'ICE'. So many people have cellphones these days that this is believed to be a good way to carry emergency numbers at all times. I have my husband and my oldest daughter listed as 'ICE' numbers. Here is more of the story. (This may be old, but it sure is worth posting again.)

--Juggling is something we all have seen before. BUT. There are two siblings from Russia who juggle and do things not to be believed! They can juggle 11 or twelve clubs at one time! Go here to see some video of them--it is just amazing.

--John Kerry was campaigning for Jennifer Granholm in Michigan. He gave the 'stupid jack-ass of the day' quote on Sunday: "If I was the president, this wouldn't have happened." This he said to criticize the Bush administration over the 'lack of leadership' in the Israeli-Lebanon conflict. This is reported here. (The picture sure seems to prove the rumors of his facelift. He definitely is looking younger!)

3 comments:

  1. I agree with leazwell..

    During the 04 election, my then three year old would tell anyone who would listen that "John Kerry is an idiot. He's not presidential material. We're voting for George W. Bush. That's our boy!"

    I thought of video taping it and sending it to D.C... The nation's youngest Republican campainer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think the world is ready for computers with grills attached to them! But I'm curious to know if it works. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...