Friday, July 28, 2006

Just Bits

--It is over 90 degrees here today. And I am not happy. It doesn't look as if it will be much cooler for several days. And I am not happy. I hate hot weather. And I am not happy.

--Our neighbor--the one who feeds all of the neighborhood wildlife--has been live-trapping. So far he has gotten 5 raccoons and one skunk. Hmmm, I wonder if there wouldn't be a problem if he quit feeding them?!?!?! He said there are at least three more raccoons that need to be trapped--and I know we still share at least one more skunk.

--C and her husband are looking at moving into their new house on Tuesday. They have been working such long, hard hours trying to get the place fixed-up. Not that it is what someone would call a real 'fixer-upper'--it just needed some updating. Honestly, I haven't seen such crap carpeting since the 70s and I have NO idea how old the linoleum was--they found it under some tile and sub-flooring. After they pulled up carpeting and old flooring, they found the original hardwood and have restored that in the kitchen and dining room. The living room is getting new carpeting for the time being. And with a few coats of paint throughout the house, they should be ready to move in an Tuesday. I really am happy for them.

--As if I need to add to my collection, I have just gotten two new CDs. Actually, they are remasters of old classics: John Mayall and The Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton and Layla and other assorted love songs by Derek and the Dominoes. No collection is complete without these. I'm loving them.

--And to top it all off, I now have a new list of FOUR more books I want to get. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, Lost and Found by Carolyn Parkhurst, Lemons Never Lie by Richard Stark, and The Ruins by Scott Smith. I guess I better get myself off of this computer sometime and start on the stacks I already have! I just have this obsession where I feel as if I have to own EVERY book that is the least bit interesting to me--so many books, so little time!

1 comment:

  1. I have this obsessive NEED to buy books--my daughter calls it a sickness! :) When I bought my first hardcover book as an adult, I felt somthiong bordering on ecstacy and it hasn't changed. I guess I will continue until the hubby tells me I have to stop--or I run out of space.

    Good luck on the move--lucky there doesn't need to be any changes.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...