Thursday, July 13, 2006

Pet Peeve

I absolutely HATE when small business owners do their own TV commercials. I cannot understand what they are thinking. Don't they EVER watch what they just did? Unbelievable.

We have a furniture store owner who appears in his own ads. He will--at times--'wear' a piece of furniture and call himself 'Mr. Furniture.' I think he is trying to be funny--I still am not sure what the point is. He has been doing this for YEARS. Has nobody told him how ridiculous he looks? Or does he not care? And to top it all off, he has such a high-pitched voice that I think there are times he speaks and only dogs can hear him.

It wouldn't be bad if they came out and did a straight-forward, simple, sales pitch. No, these idiots have to try to be creative. First off, the writing is lousy. I'm not sure, but I think they might hold contests in the local elementary schools for script writers. It has to be, because no one over the age of ten could think these scripts are intelligent--or funny. Then the owners cast themselves in these things. Listen, if you had any talent, you would NOT be selling what you are selling! DON'T try to be the next Brando, Deniro, or Eddie Murphy! YOU HAVE NO TALENT!

And the thing that bugs me the most is when these people put their children in these commercials. A newsflash to the business owner: ONLY YOU think your kids are cute! The rest of the world find them annoying, obnoxious, spoiled, AND unattractive! Keep them at home where they belong--they are not welcome in my house.

If only these people would realize one thing: I will not patronize a place that has commercials I can't stand. Note to business owners: If you have never seen my face in your establishment, it most likely is because you have stupid TV commercials. Change your way of advertising--NOW!

3 comments:

  1. Ugh.. I know what you mean. Our most annoying is for a car lot. The guy makes me want to stick forks in my ears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh yes!! That poor kid!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree with you more...

    And the one's who try to do another accent like an Irish or British and obviously can't make me cringe.

    I'm with you. I don't go to businesses who have lousy commercials.

    ReplyDelete

Disquis

Being In a Funk

I'm still having a bit of a funk going on in my life. To be expected, I guess. But, it REALLY is affecting me to see my best friend ...